The prospect of a public holiday on Monday means an extra sleep in and more time to spend with my dog. Woohoo!
My top five fun things to do with my dog on long weekends:
- Tie his pet tyre to a tree and watch the tree win tug-of-war every time.
- Go for a walk – anywhere will do, as long as you take time to sniff the roses and the lamp posts (erm, just to be clear, I go for the roses).
- Train a new trick to show off and yes old dogs will happily learn new things if you make the food rewards worthwhile. Roast chicken, anyone?
- Play ‘hide the treat’. He sits and stays in one room. I hide a treat in another and only when he is called can he come and search for it.
- Take him with me to as many places as possible, as just getting out and about is great enrichment which keeps him from barking and digging. I signed him up for companionship, not isolation.
How do you and your pet have fun together?